Based on the predictions in end time Bible Prophecy I have forecast a dollar collapse, this is going to be inevitable as the United States will not be the leading world empire in the end time Bible Prophecy world power lineup. There is coming a seismic shift in the world order. When this occurs and the US dollar tanks or ceases to be the world's reserve Tough times are going to be ahead. Making your home energy efficient is a way to not only reduce your current costs but prepare for the possibility of costs skyrocketing
10 Must Haves to Make Your Home Energy Efficient
There is no better way to reduce energy costs than to make your home energy efficient. Some steps are inexpensive, while others are costly. Below is a guide of the 10 must haves to make your home energy efficient and to help you save money on your utility bills, keep your overhead at a minimum and prepare for tough times.
· Energy Saving Bulbs. According to the EPA, "An ENERGY STAR Qualified Compact Fluorescent Light bulb can save more than $40 in electricity costs over its life time, uses about 75% less energy than standard incandescent bulbs, and lasts up to 10 times longer, and produces about 75% less heat, so it's safer to operate and can cut energy costs associated with home cooling. " With an LED bulb you will use less than half as much energy as a and last more than 5 times longer than a CFL bulb.
· Energy Efficient Windows are double paned, super sealed, coated and tinted to keep heat in and cold air out.
· High SEAR Central Air or Portable Air Conditioners- Energy Star rated. The government publishes a SEER (Seasonal Energy-Efficiency Rating) figure for all models, and some earn an ENERGY STAR designation. SEER is a comparative indicator of a central air conditioners efficiency
· Energy Efficient Boilers-Gas or Oil. These use combustion technology to extract more heat from the same amount of fuel and do not have pilot lights that run continuously.
· A Programmable Thermostat, which you can program in summer and winter to lower or higher temperatures depending on the time of day, so that you do not use as much energy when you do not need it. The EPA estimates a savings of about $180.00 per year for properly adjusting those settings.
· ENERGY STAR Rated Appliances, Computers and TV's use 20-30% less energy than required by federal standards
· Energy Saving Window Treatments come in different colors and styles, with some offering more protection. The idea is to keep the sun out in the summer and in during the winter. In the summer, during the hottest part of the day, you want to close your window treatments or draw your shades.
· Eliminate All Drafts and Seal Leaks. Air leaks exist around doors and windows and are also in hidden holes in attics, basements, and crawlspaces. Sealing these leaks with caulk, spray foam or weather stripping will have a great impact on reducing utility bills. The EPA's website, energystar.gov provides a house diagram to see common air leak locations that you should aim to seal.
· Insulation in the Ceiling is very important because up to 45 percent of the heat loss from an insulated house is lost through the ceiling. Ceilings can be insulated with blown, poured, or batt-type materials with or without attached vapor barriers. Fiberglass or plastic foam board may be used for interior open-beam ceilings and other special constructions.
· Insulated Garage Doors help to keep your home warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer and also helps reduce street noise. They are not as loud opening and closing. Typically, garages are the largest insulated portion of a home.
In addition to enjoying the savings from reduced energy costs and increased home comfort after acquiring the 10 must haves to make your home energy efficient, tax credits are available to consumers on home improvement items as well as products purchased for new construction. You can go to the EPA website and see if you qualify.
While being prepared in these end times is a good idea, there is no greater preparation for our lives than to accept Jesus Christ as our personal savior and trust in Him for our eternal security. John 3;16 states: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.